The purpose of this skills programme is to provide a comprehensive set of skills to enable the effective planning, implementation and closure of a negotiation in an authentic (real) work situation. Negotiation issues range from substantive issues arising out of the industrial or work relationships like the negotiation of employment conditions to the negotiation of conditions within a business deal.
Learners who attend this programme will learn the following amongst many other things:
- Defining a negotiation and the value thereof
- Negotiation strategies
- Identification of the bargaining range
- Steps in the negotiation process
- Negotiation modes and methods to reach agreement
- How to overcome deadlocks
- Reaching sustainable agreements
What you will learn in this course!
- Explain the need for negotiation skills in business
- Explain the steps in the negotiation process
- Apply the steps in the negotiation process to an authentic work situation
- Explain strategies that could be used in negotiation
Who should attend?
The programme is dedicated to those who find themselves in situations requiring some level of negotiation skills. It could include:
- Shop stewards
- Team members
- Employees who negotiate regularly with subordinates
Choose Study Mode