Conflict Management & Problem Solving
Built-up anger and uncontrolled stress can seriously damage any organisation’s performance. It not only causes health and social problems for individuals but can be a major cause of conflict. And ill managed conflict can add to stress. This results in dysfunctional teams, a lack of cohesion in tackling problems, a focus on personalities instead of issues, low morale, staff retention problems, accidents and other difficulties. These are a drain on the organisation?s resources because symptoms such as burnout, alcoholism and aggression have a ripple effect. Today’s high pressure work environment, constant change and competitiveness can aggravate the problem, which many people find hard to handle.
What you will learn in this course!
- What is anger?
- How to control anger
- Describe the main sources of conflict
- Describe the link between organisation structure and conflict
- Describe appropriate techniques to manage conflict
- Use the push or pull strategy appropriately within the communication process to minimise conflict
- Implement a strategy to resolve conflict
- Develop the attributes of a good conflict manager
- Understanding stress
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for anyone who has difficulty in dealing with anger and/or stress and conflict.
Choose Study Mode